Our Latest Response to the COVID-19 Virus
Our latest response to the COVID-19 Virus – June 10, 2020
At Seamon Law Offices the health and safety of our clients, team, and community is our priority. We are continuing to monitor the latest news and updates about the coronavirus. As we prepare to reopen in the coming weeks, we have implemented procedures to comply with CDC recommendations as well as state and local regulations.
First, we have reviewed Governor Justice’s West Virginia Strong – The Comeback guidelines for reopening small businesses with under ten employees to ensure we are in compliance. We will continue to monitor updates specific to West Virginia business operations.
Second, we will follow the latest “Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers” and health precautions by the CDC.
- We will continue to follow the precautions implemented May 22nd, 2020; however, we will now move towards more in-office Document Reviews. We will also reinstate some in-office Consultations on a case-by-case basis; however, Zoom and phone options will remain available.
- Our staff is able to return to working in-office when practical and will social distance appropriately from other team members. Our door will still remain locked, so please continue to call our office if you need to arrange a drop off, pick-up, or other appointments.
We will continue to adhere to the previously stated policies from our initial reopening announcement:
- Please note that current CDC recommendations include a series of questions about health symptoms and recent travel as well as a temperature check for anyone entering our office. If you are ill or suspect you may be ill, we will be waiving all rescheduling fees for appointments.
- Gloves and a mask will be provided to staff and clients for appointments. Even if you do not feel ill, please think of this step as a courtesy precaution. We encounter clients and loved ones in the high-risk category, and it is essential we minimize their risk. Staff will wear new gloves for every client interaction. We will use new pens for every Signing Appointment as well. Please refrain from handshakes or other contact.
- We will scan your signed documents and coordinate a pickup 48 hours later to reduce your in-office time.
- Frequent daily disinfection of all office surfaces will be maintained. Hand sanitizer will be available.
For additional information about COVID-19 visit the Centers for Disease Control at cdc.gov.
Please save this link and refer back for updates to our procedure and policies.